Villa 21



I guess the best greek band of all time in my humble opinion was and still is Villa 21*. They used english lyrics in their songs and they were formed in the early 80s. It was a new wave/ post punk band and quite underground because of that. They released 3 lps. The first two in the legendary greek label Creep Records. They lasted less than 10 years and then the singer died tragically in a car accident. I was too young in those years to catch them live but I always thought they were great and I had one superb song in my argument to make my point. In time I discovered one more and I felt more than content. My latest mixes are more new wave/synth pop oriented as a nostalgia about this kind of music has overtaken me lately but I promise that the next one will be slightly different.

adn crystal - tam tam samba
negativland - escape from noise
kap bambino - more machine
metal urbain - panik
villa 21 - i see no!
un froid seul - opera multi steel
suicide - radiation
crystal castles - air war
c.o.m.a. - verre
john bender - 39a5 something
carlos giffoni - eternal noise
edgar froese - stuntman
devo - gates of steel

mix

* As for Aphrodite's Child and Last Drive (some might argue) I didn't catch them play live either and..well..., to put it as mildly as possible this is not a post about them although I love Vangelis solo stuff!

Comments

It was a fantastic live band .The first one ,was right before AntiTroppau Council,fall 1986.They were passing from new wave to garage and the sound was blasting. I saw them three or four times after that and they were sounding like a great garage rock band. It was a group higly accused of changing stylew whenever a new underground genre was in fashion.But that was not a minus for me .They wrote great songs.Sadly missed....

Popular posts from this blog

do you feel lucky, punk?

60.29

10 songs